Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Update

so i last told you that i had an assignment in RYAP due yesterday i turned it in ontime and got 100% (i dont really remember howmuch it was worth) i didnt end up studying for my vocab test last night but i did today and it was good i got like a 90 (one question! i missed 1 question!) oh well. I actually didnt end up waking up at noon, well acutally i did but then i turned off my alarm clock and went back to bed. i woke up when Cathy called me telling me that she was in her car ready to pick me up =P. I ended up getting ready and then having my mom take me. I also studied my french flash cards today. it was very lovely. OH!!!!!! i listended to CTK's sermon from sunday (you recommended it) and i LOVED IT!!! right now i'm listening to the 'Deep' series cuz i'm all caught up in 'Cringe' and i also listened to 'legacy of love' which was just one random sermon by the youth pastor which i liked but it was targeted more towards adults because it was about how they should be showing teenagers that they care. i agreed with everything he had to say. I'm THINKING about going to a different church were i can be more involved in the youth stuff because Faith doesnt really have that much stuff and about 1% is Bible-based. They really do no out reach stuff, no teaching from scripture, no small groups, no Bible studies. Dont get me wrong, i love Faith to death it's just i feel like i could grow so much more in a church that has youth programs that are Bible-based and that focous on you growing and having a relationship with God. At Faith it's kinda like 'lets have a good time give you some food for thought we'll throw around God's name so we can call ourselves a church youthgroup, but when it comes to helping you grow in your relationship with God, you're on your own'. Which really that attitude helped me to know that my faith is my own and not just people telling me what to believe so it was good for that, but now that i've discovered that i need to be around like-minded people and Faith just doesnt offer that. so who knows, i've been thinking about switching churches for a while and i'm glad that i stuck it out because i need to learn that every time that somthing bad happens i cant just run away, but the point of church is to worship, grow, and have fellowship with other believers. I'd say about 1% of the kids in the youthgroup (including me) actually have a relationship with God outside of church. And that maybe one other person understands that Christianity is not a once a week thing but a lifestyle (not samuel because he understands that, but doesnt even bother going to youthgroup anymore). My problem is i have no idea where i would go to church. any suggestions besides Mars Hill or CTK? both are amazing, but unfortunantly im a minor and therefore custody of me must be given to someone else in order for me to ditch the parents or i could be emancipated, but the parents have to sign a release form and Todd wouldnt go for that because it would ruin his precious image. Forgive me, i am bitter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Abby you are quite a dear =) Pastor Grant is the best pastor I've heard of! I don't know if your mom would go or this but if you could count watching sermons on Sundays then that could work. I personally don't like church hunting very much, I wish you the best of luck! And as always, pray about and let God lead the way. I love you Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you tina! i would do that but then i dont really have any fellowship.

    ReplyDelete